Because mine are. And you know what?
It doesn’t feel good, it’s not cute, and I’ve decided to do something about it.
My business to-date has been very focused on two tiny slices of the apple pie (yes, I’m mixing dessert metaphors) of my skills and interests – writing and entrepreneurship.
Please don’t get me wrong: I love the writing slice. I love the entrepreneurial slice. But there’s so much more I want to share with you that DOESN’T relate directly to business – yours OR mine. And if I keep that “life” stuff out of the rotation any longer, I may go cray cray.
So it’s time for me to go back to the drawing board. To tell you how I really want to help you (and why). Then you can make an educated decision on if you’d like to stick around and join me. (I certainly hope you will.)
This post is like the kickoff to a coming out party. A business quinceañera, if you will. And YOU, my friend, happen to be right at the top of the guest list.
In this special edition video, I’ll share:
- Who I REALLY am (a more complete introduction that’s long overdue)
- The real WHY behind my business – and why I lost sight of it for a little while
- One thing I wish I’d never said about my crazy launch story
- What I’m looking for in my NEW brand pants (hint: think maternity wear)
- A challenge for YOU to take a look in the brand mirror
You ready for this?
Click below to learn about the nerd behind all these words:
This message was inspired by a delightful tropical brainstorm I experienced while talking with brand super-stylist Sarah Ancalmo of Public Persona and PR genius Melissa Cassera of Cassera Communications.
Thank you, ladies, for affirming that it’s okay to go with my ahem…gut… and expand my entrepreneurial waistline ;) New message, new visuals, new opt-ins, offers, and services…I am SO looking forward to what’s on the horizon!
This Week’s Tweet Shop
Click one, click ’em all!
- GUT CHECK: Are your brand pants giving you a muffin top?
- A good brand is like a fab pair of maternity jeans – it grows WITH you + showcases your best assets.
In the comments below, I’d LOVE to know:
- What do you think of all this? Make sense?
- Shorty wanna ride with me, or are you leaving me now that I’m rounding out a bit? (Either way, I appreciate you!)
- GUT CHECK: How do YOUR brand pants feel at this stage of the game?
Really. I want to hear from YOU. So spill the beans, please :)
And finally, if you like this video, please SHARE it with your friends and fans. My idea of a “dream client” has been blown WIDE open this week, as literally everyone can benefit from improved communication skills. I’m ready to figure out the best, me-ist way to serve the masses and will be asking for YOUR honest feedback and ideas along the way. The more folks we can reach in the coming months, the better!
To dreamy brand pants,
P.S. Wanna see the first wave of what’s coming? Click below to check this out:
P.P.S. The spirit of this post reminds me of that song…I’m comin’ out…I want the world to kno-ow, have to let it sho-ow….which makes me think of that Levi’s commercial with the singing belly buttons. THAT makes me think of low-rise jeans, which are…notorious for creating muffin tops! Have we had a full-circle moment here?