Heaven got a feisty new angel this week.
My sweet grandmother (Noni) passed away Tuesday afternoon, and by some miracle, I wasn’t my usual 4,000 miles away. I was right there…in the room…with my mom, dad, sister, aunts, uncles, and Paw Paw, her sweetheart of over 60 years. What a crazy blessing and unforgettable privilege.
To be honest, I thought about not writing a post this week. But as I was spending time with family and reflecting on silver linings, this idea came to me. It’s more lifey than businessy, but hey. I am too. (Most days.)
Keep reading to find out an unusual but simple secret to daily happiness.
Hint: It has to do with buckets.
In this video, you’ll find:
- A simple framework for daily happiness (via a Reading Rainbow-style book review)
- The ultimate “priceless” birthday gift idea for the one who has everrrrything
- One of the most liberating characteristics of any meaningful relationship
- Quotes from Bambi AND Steel Magnolias…American classics
- A do-this-TODAY challenge you won’t be able to resist
*I’ve gotta correct myself. Clarice actually said, “If you don’t have anything nice to say about anybody, come sit next to me.” Such a good movie.
Want your own copy of Have You Filled a Bucket Today?
(It was my Reading Rainbow review, wasn’t it?)
Click here to check it out on Amazon. I created a special affiliate link! Any proceeds will go to buying our own copy that doesn’t have to stay at Nana + Pop’s house ;)
This Week’s Tweet Shop
Click one, click ’em all!
- Fill more, dip less. The simple secret to daily happiness.
- The new rule: If you have something nice to say, SAY IT.
- There’s no reason to save the good stuff for special occasions. (So bust out the china + the compliments.)
Pass this Video (to the Nearest Bucket)
If you like this video, please SHARE it. It’s an easy way to get your “homework” done quickly!
THEN, in the comments below, tell me:
- What’s your favorite bucket-filling story?
- What will you do (or have you done) to fill someone’s bucket today?
Bonus round, in honor of my Non :)
- What’s one of your favorite memories with your grandma?
This conversation’s going to be lovely. I can already feel it.
Can’t wait to hear about the fillin’ you’re up to!
P.S. Have you joined “The Inner Circle”? If you want to get updates on my first course (including how to write about yourself + your business without sounding like a robot), click here to sign up!