Me, March 13, 2013:
I found you about a month ago and am totally inspired by what you’ve done. Plus, your red hair is gorge. ;)
I’m in the planning stages of my business. My specialty (through experience + a B.A. and M.S.) is in Communication Studies. I want to coach my ideal client on how to woo her dream clients through her authentic presence – online and in person. No fakey pants – no false air of what she thinks she “should” sound like, but the best version of who she really is. A “voice charmer” of sorts.
I’ve been doing this for YEARS with friends and family who need help with their messaging and delivery, and I’ve taught college-level communication (writing and public speaking) for seven years. Still, I haven’t worked with entrepreneurs in this specific fashion yet.
What do you think?”
I was at a fork in the road at the VERY start of my entrepreneurial journey, and this woman’s simple yet thoughtful response changed everything for me.
If you haven’t e-met her yet, it’s an honor for me to introduce you to the fabulous (Emmy Award-winning!) Natalie MacNeil, creator of She Takes on the World.
As you can see above (+ below!) I first met Natalie via the comments of her blog in 2013.
Met her again when the lovely Kristy Oustalet introduced us and I wrote this guest post for STOTW. (My first of one – maybe two? – guest posts to-date!)
In late 2013 we finally connected face-to-digi-face, and it was biz buddy love at first Skype.
Now it’s your turn :)
In this chat, we cover:
- what an unedited third-trimester pregnancy brain attention getter looks like
- how Natalie went from prospective circus performer to seven-figure empire builder
- the power of replying to blog comments (+ the four words that changed everything for me)
- her top biz lessons from over 10 years of entrepreneurship (that you probably haven’t heard before!)
- the sneaky (subconscious) sabotage that keeps SO many of us from moving forward (+ how to avoid it)
- the most valuable investment (of time + money) you can make to get to the next level in your business
- the scoop on her 12-month business incubator, The Conquer Club (open til Tuesday night!)
Click below to watch (or take a listen):
THE CONQUER CLUB 2016
It sounds markety to say it’s not a course or a program, but it’s really not.
YES you get access to great content via mentors (like me!) each month, but it’s genuinely designed + operated as a biz “incubator” focused on implementation and (unparalleled) personalized support. It’s unlike anything I’ve seen online.
(Plus, the sales page is seriously droolworthy.)
Take a look, and if it feels like what you want + need to help your business grow in 2016, go for it before doors close Tuesday (11/10)!
#TBT TO OUR FIRST (COMMENT) CONVO
In the video I share that back in early 2013 when my business was still in twinkle-in-my-eye mode, I stumbled upon a video on her blog.
I hadn’t yet offered free sessions, and I was doubting my own credentials (liiiike a 4.0 while earning my master’s degree and just about 2,000 hours of college-level teaching experience).
Should I get a certificate?
Wait til (GASP) everything’s perfect and I know what I’m doing?
I’m so thankful that Natalie made time to reply to my comment below the video, because these four simple words sparked divine inspiration in me:
You are absolutely qualified.
Here’s what little (March ’13) Nikki had to say in response to that (just want to pinch her cheeks!):
And this gem from a few days later (March 16, 2013) – THIS was the true beginning of my “it doesn’t need to be perfect; it just needs to be shared” adventure!
Shortly after this comment convo, I put myself out there, offered + hosted about two dozen free sessions, and two months later I had a roster of over 90 paying clients signed up to work with me that summer of 2013.
See what a difference an encouraging word (or four) can make?
(And as you’ll see if you join The Conquer Club, she’s full of ’em. ;))
Click here to find the full post (note: there’s at least one f-bomb in the video, so protect little ears if they’re in the room with you!), then search for my name in the comments to find the flashback.
It’s seriously like a time machine.
THE 2015 WEBI-PARTY + BONUS MEDITATION
As I mention in the video, Natalie + I co-hosted a webi-fiesta on her 29th birthday earlier this year (January 2015), called 5 Easy Ways to Guarantee a Great Year.
Here’s a quick look at the specifics we covered:
- How to decide what you should REALLY focus on in the new year
- Why planning for the YEAR is exactly what you don’t want to do
- A few key “starter systems” to create in your biz (allllll Natalie – I’m a young grasshopper when it comes to good systems)
- How to enjoy LIFE beyond the laptop (+ avoid becoming an entrepreneurial zombie)
- How to attract an invaluable support network of biz buddies + mentors who believe in you (my biz BFFs are priceless to me!)
Have a great day over there!
P.S. If you liked this post, I’d GREATLY appreciate it if you’d use the buttons below to share it with your buddies! You can also subscribe to my YouTube channel if you’d like to see new videos before I’ve had time to turn them into blog posts ;)