In 2014 I operated in a very clear pattern of start – stop – start – stop – start (oh hey, #bizpuberty).
It all worked out in the end (with plenty of great lessons), but it was exhausting and a bit too dramatic for my taste.
While taking my little man for a spin the other day I had a *mega* AHA moment that helped me reframe the hare-like habits of old – helping me see why it is SO important to slow it down and get my tortoise on.
If you’ve had a hard time keeping a steady pace in your business lately, you’re gonna like this one.
In this video, you’ll learn:
- How running a business is like riding a (Ninja Turtle) bike
- What I did to get my productive mojo back after various funks
- How to come to terms with your own creative seasons (without losing momentum)
- That B looks really cute with his Lightning McQueen helmet on [in video!]
Click below to watch (or take a listen):
IN A (COCO)NUT SHELL
There’s no denying it: Progress feels GOOD.
When we don’t take steps toward something that we want – we fizzle.
We feel aimless because we ARE aimless.
When we remind ourselves where we’re headed (i.e. look up!), it’s SO much easier to keep moving.
If you’ve lost your momentum (+ that productive feelin’), here’s how to get back on track:
- Choose ONE project you’d like to complete (or one goal you’d like to meet) in the next week (or month).
- Break that baby DOWN into bite-sized action items. We’re talkin’ teeny tiny.
- Commit to doing at least ONE of those items today. (And have a couple backups ready in case you’re on a roll.)
Example: Michael Hyatt openly shares how he faced serious resistance when it was time to write one of his books. Like a (productive!) pro, he maintained momentum by taking baby steps. Literally – one day all he did was create a new document for each chapter of the book – “Chapter 1” – SAVE. “Chapter 2” – SAVE. etc. (It eventually became a best-seller.) BOOM.
Get the point here, friend?
SPOILER ALERT: The tortoise WINS. (Tweet that!)
Stay focused and run (or walk!) your race. You’ve got this.
In the comments below, share:
What is ONE totally achievable baby step you will take today to start (or keep) building momentum?
(Don’t forget to check back in when you mark it off your list!)
To ninja turtles + productive tortoises,
P.S. If you liked this post + want to help me spread the word by using the links below to share it with your buddies, I would greatly appreciate it! You can also subscribe to my YouTube channel if you’d like to see new videos before I’ve had time to turn them into blog posts ;)