If you’re feeling like maybe you should quit before you even start, read this first.
In honor of my first official launch, my sweet sister Stacey sent me an email with this note:
“Just wanted to send you yet another reminder of how far you have come in the last year! I have a whole series of emails and texts from this time last year when you were just starting this journey. You are a superstar and I know this course is just the beginning of something amazing!!!”
Here’s what I wrote on February 1, 2013:
Thing is – I had TOTALLY forgotten about this feeling. This email. This “welllll-maybe-I-should-just-quit-before-I-begin” phase.
One year ago this week I was in the eye of a full-on tropical brainstorm, googling my heart out to decide on a name for my new blog, business, book, whatEV.
(In case you’re wondering what this email was about, I was considering a play on words – of course – with my MOM side, thinking of naming my content series “The Mother of all _______.”)
Apparently on this particular day, I’d googled and realized the idea was taken. And I felt like poo. And I was VERY tempted to say “Okay, nevermind. I’ll stand back.”
But. (BIG BUT.) I keep plugging on in FAITH that *my* path would become clear…and oh BOY did it.
Sharing this with you to say:
1. Don’t give up before you start. (The business, the book, the blog post, the JOURNEY.) (Tweet it.)
2. There are MORE than enough great ideas in the world. Be patient, keep talking through them, and your gems will bubble up in divine timing. (Tweet it.)
3. Surround yourself with people who believe in you (and save emails like this to show you how far you’ve come!). (Tweet it.)
4. Wherever you are, whatever phase you’re in, JUST. KEEP. GOING. (Aaaand tweet it.)
In the comments below, tell me:
- What’s one thing you can celebrate TODAY to recognize how far you’ve come in a year – six months – or even one month?
- What do YOU tell yourself to stay motivated when you’re tempted to give up before you start?
Can’t wait to hear it. I smell some serious inspiration coming on!
Overflowing with mushy aloha and gratitude for the constant inspiration I get from you. You’re blazing trails and chasing dreams all over the place, and it’s a beautiful thing.
To faith and perseverance,
P.S. You know that “first official launch” I mentioned? It’s going pretty well.
In fact, Chef Amy Aversa of Sweet Basil Catering ACTUALLY said: “This is probably the best website advice I’ve seen yet. From anyone.”
Click below to see what she’s talkin’ about. I can’t wait to hear what you think!