If you’ve been falling into (or hiding in) the ol’ perfectionist trap lately, this one’s for you.
When I first tuned into this world of blogging and online business, I noticed two main trains of thought on content quality:
- WOW them. Overdeliver. (The whole experience should involve pixie dust at every turn.)
- Just get something out there. Start before you feel ready. (Don’t wait til it’s perfect.)
The (in-denial) perfectionist in me thought, “Wait. What?”
“How can I wow them if I’m not taking time to do my absolute BEST?”
“How will I know when good is ‘good enough’?”
And yet – during my first year of business I broke all of my own rules of planning, predicting, and perfecting and just WENT for it. (Probably because my word of the year was FAITH). Pretty quickly I figured out what “good enough” meant for me, and ten months later, I cartwheeled into six-figure territory.
Let’s talk about how that shift happened.
In this video, I’ll share:
- How to be a likable, high-functioning perfectionist (winky face)
- Real-life examples of what “good enough” has done for my business
- The LIFE-CHANGING perspective shift I had in 2013
- A two-Q test to determine if your next project is ready to share
- A “get it out there” challenge to help you get movin’
Click below to watch (or take a listen):
In a (Coco)nut Shell…
Take The “Good Enough” Test:
- Do you feel pretty good about it? (Don’t share something if it doesn’t FEEL good.)
- Trick Q: Are your clients happy with it? (You’ve gotta share it to find out!)
Links Worth Noting
In the comments below, tell me:
What’s ONE post – project – offer you’ll put out into the world in the next seven days?
Make the proclamation today. (Then come back and share the link once it’s out there.)
You can do eeet :)
To that beautifully imperfect 5%,