It’s the day after Halloween.
And while flossing is certainly important on a day like today (for those of us who may-or-may-not-have consumed our body weight in chocolate last night), this post isn’t about good dental hygiene.
It’s about good habits.
For months, on a nightly basis, I’ve stared at my dental floss case (box?) and thought, “There’s a life lesson here. I need to make a video about it.”
And this week, I DID.
This simple concept has totally shifted the way I make daily decisions in my personal life, my spiritual life, and my professional life. I’m sharing it with YOU today in hopes that you’ll see the same sweet benefits.
In this video, you’ll learn:
- How daily flossing can change your life (duh)
- What you can do TODAY to make life easier TOMORROW
- Why you may want to consider working out every day
- That I say “whatever the case may be” WAY too much…seriously…WAY.
Click below to watch:
Random Thoughts on Flossing
- Just did some research. Apparently “effective flossing” can last from three to five minutes. Ah well. (And sorry, Dr. Goode!) I’ll stick with a minute to win it.
- I recently took a gamble on generic brand floss. Mistake. So in case you were wondering, your favorite name brand is worth the extra $.20.
- Is it just me, or do you feel a huge sense of accomplishment when you finish up the equivalent of an entire football field of floss?
This Week’s Tweet Shop
Click one, click ‘em all!
- Daily flossing is good for business.
- When you do something today, you’re more likely to do it again tomorrow. (So DO it.)
- Stretch. Floss. Repeat. Keys to winning at LIFE from @nikkielledge.
Really Fun Fact – slash- Reflection
In terms of revenue, October 2013 was my best month yet. And I think I know why.
On October 1st I recommitted to that “daily quiet time” that led to this whole business idea in the first place (earlier this year). For the middle months of the year, I was kind of all over the place.
Instead of taking just 10-15 minutes to read, write, and reflect (via Jesus Calling) before facing the day, I’d take just a few minutes to scroll through the app right before bed. MAYBE. Inconsistency was my middle name, and it didn’t feel good.
THEN I made a conscious decision to finish the year strong. I tuned back in and started taking consistent daily action. The rest is recent biz history.
Why am I not surprised? And when I KNOW good and well how valuable that time is for me, why do I ever let myself get OUT of the habit?
I’m human. It happens. And today’s always a great day to start fresh. (Tweet that!)
Simple habits. Big results. I wanna hear about YOURS.
As always, if you liked this message, please SHARE it with your friends and fans. Then, in the comments below, tell me (and the world wide web):
- What’s your THING…that thing you need to do every day to stay on your game?
- What’s your best (lamest, most entertaining) excuse for avoiding it?
Let’s get some DAILY DISCIPLINE going on here, friend! Once you’ve got some consistency wins, come share ’em over on my Facebook page. I’ll be there cheering you on!
To flossing and flexibility,