NOTE: I originally wrote this post in May 2014. I’m updating parts + resharing for the 2015 reeeeemiiiiiiiiix (said in your best imaginary echoey DJ voice) David + I are hosting for you next Tuesday, June 2nd.
You may know that I recently launched and delivered my first (non-college) course, A Course About Copy.
(Sidenote: I’m opening the doors for good this summer, and while I can’t WAIT, I totally feel like I’m delivering course twins three months apart. But that’s a different story.)
The point is: With over 50 students from ALL over the world (and over $50k in revenue – WHAT on earth?!?), creating my first online course has been a total game-changer – for me, my business, and my family. (2015 UPDATE: A year later, we’ve now got over THREE HUNDRED dreamies in the ACAC fam. Amazing. Take everything I say here + multiply it by six.)
Several of my clients, students, friends, and readers have expressed interest in creating THEIR first online courses lately, which is precisely why I’m so happy to share some of my fave course-creating tips and resources with YOU today.
In this from-my-living-room-couch video, I’ll share:
- 3 sure-fire signs you’re ready to create your first online course
- How courses are like carbs (i.e. the wrong ones give you digi-saddlebags)
- Why online courses are MAGICAL if you want more time with your fam, your friends, your DVR…
- A time-sensitive invitation to join me + DSG LIVE to talk course shop on Tuesday (+ YES that includes a Q&A party!)
Click below to watch (or take a listen):
In a (Coco)nut Shell…
Courses are like carbs. It’s all in how you use ’em. (Tweet that!)
- have something valuable (step-by-step) to teach +
- have an audience of someone(s) to teach that something to +
- are ready to SCALE and grow your business beyond the dollars-for-hours model
….you’re ready to create your first online course :)
Links Worth Noting
- If you haven’t already, RSVP to join David + me by clicking here.
- In the comments below, tell me: What would YOUR first course be about?
Share it LOUD and proud so we can cheer you on :)
Hope to see you Tuesday, friend!
To valuable courses and sweet, sweet, freedom,
P.S. For real. Don’t miss this call. We’ll make it fun AND you’ll learn from our wins + flubs :)