Entrepreneurship is a rollercoaster.
Some days you’re on top of the world – full speed ahead.
Some days you’re rolling backwards.
Some days you’re suspended upside down, mid-loop, wondering how. the heck. you got here in the first place.
In the twoish years I’ve been in business, I’ve experienced my fair share of ups and downs – extreme highs and some self-imposed lows, the FIRE of feeling totally aligned and on-purpose, and the whattheHEYamIdoing storm clouds of feeling stalled out and murky on my vision, totally out of touch with the passion of my early days.
I wanna talk about that storm cloud part today: The biz funk.
Biz funks happen to all of us at some point or another. Repeatedly. It’s part of the game.
I’m assuming you’re like me – in this for the long haul, right?
You don’t wanna play like an amateur. You wanna play like a pro.
So let’s go pro. If occasional biz funks are inevitable, it’s our responsibility to know how to snap out of ’em.
We’ve got a game to play!
In today’s video, we’ll cover:
- why I was tempted to wave the white flag not so long ago (#bizfunkhistory)
- three VERY simple tips to help you get your groove back
- a mini pep talk you can save (bookmark) for a rainy day :)
Click below to watch (or take a listen):
IN A (COCO)NUT SHELL
1. Revisit your why. WHY did you start this business in the first place? If you’re like me, you started on pure passion. Maybe it was for your craft, for your audience, or for paving the way for your dream life…but the passion was THERE. Then, once you got rolling added so much pressure (+ so much information!) that you sucked the FUN right out of your business. BOO. It’s time to hit the pause button and bring back that lovin’ feeling – even if it’s a totally different why than the one that inspired you to start in the first place.
2. Reach out to your dreamies. Nobody can motivate you like the people you love to serve. I often NEED a “mutual inspiration society” to bust through resistance and get my buns in gear. Connect via social media. Surprise them with a live Q&A just to see what they need help with (+ remind yourself that what you know IS valuable!). Pick up the phone to connect (gasp!). Meet a client or customer for coffee. However feels fun + easy for you – reignite that spark by remembering why people want and NEED what you’ve got to offer.
3. UNPLUG. (Just as soon as you’re done reading this blog post ;)) I don’t know about you, but checking my social media + email apps on my phone sometimes makes me feel nauseous – like a screen-scrolling zombie. We’ve got to know when it’s time to just shut down the computer and put the screens AWAY. Take a walk, go for a swim. Do some journaling – gratitude is always a spirit lifter! Say some prayers. Do your fave meditation. Visualize what you really want out of this day – year – lifetime (dreaming is free and OH SO FUN!). Be silly + get messy with your kiddos. Call a girlfriend and talk about anyyyyything but business. Pick your pleasure. Just. switch. gears.
In the comments below, tell me:
What’s one of your favorite ways to snap out of a biz funk?
Let’s build up an idea bank in these comments so we have a fun place to shop next time a funk strikes ;)
To getting our grooves back,
P.S. If you liked this post + want to help me spread the word by using the links below to share it with your buddies, I would greatly appreciate it! You can also subscribe to my YouTube channel if you’d like to see new videos before I’ve had time to turn them into blog posts ;)