Have you ever found yourself wondering:
- “Should I really share this stuff for FREE?”
- “Is this too much value for a free opt-in offer?”
- “But this is some of my best stuff. What if I run out of good ideas?”
- “If I tell them my secret method, they won’t need to hire me!”
I lovingly refer to this (stingy, yet totally human) mentality as “The Content Grinch.” (He’s a lot like his Christmas-stealing cousin, just before his heart grew three sizes.) Every day he’s out there trying to convince entrepreneurs like you and me to selfishly hoard our best ideas and share only so-so content.
Not anymore, pal.
In this video I’ll tell you THREE perfectly logical reasons why you should stick it to the Content Grinch and give away your best stuff – free. of. charge.
You’ll also learn:
- Why I almost didn’t share my most popular post to-date
- What we could all learn from CostCo + Sam’s Club
- The Fitted Sheet Theory: An unusually valuable lesson I learned from the one + only Martha Stewart
- My best (tried-and-tested) tip for attracting new dream clients every week
Click the video below for my top 3 reasons to freely share your goodness with the world:
CAPTAIN OBVIOUS DISCLAIMER: You’re in business. You need (WANT) to make money, and that’s a good thing! The point here is to avoid making the “Should I or shouldn’t I?” decision out of FOMO – fear of missing out. If it feels right to share something freely, share it. If it feels right to charge for something, charge for it. If it feels right to use it as a list-builder, do THAT. Entrepreneurship is a crash course in intuition, baby, and class is in session! (Tweet that.)
(Click one to tweet one!)
- You don’t have a storefront. You have a website. Make sure you only put your best stuff in the window.
- There is NO limit to your genius.
- There is no substitute for your expertise.
BOOM. Makes perfect sense, right?
And here’s that super-helpful article I told you about giving it all away. Covers ALL the bases. If you’re not convinced by my three reasons, a) you’re a tough nut to crack, and b) reading this article will help you even more.
Need some help creating your best stuff?
If you’re like most of my clients, you’ve got no problem with the “best ideas” piece of the puzzle. It’s the “best words” part that throws you for a loop. That’s why in addition to creating free weekly content for you, I also offer a treasure chest of site-writing resources in my flagship program, A Course About Copy.
Check it out :)
Let’s do this! In the comments below, tell me:
- What’s one idea that is so stinking fabulous it SCARES you to share it for free?
- How are you gonna get it out there? (Blog post, list-building webinar, smoke signal, free training/launch videos, etc.)
As always, if you like this video, please SHARE this post using the icons to the left. If sharing is caring (and clearly it IS), you’re doing the world a favor here.
To your unlimited genius,
P.S. I’d like to send a special shout-out to the lovely Teri Smart for asking the Q that inspired this video. If you’ve got a burning Q you’d like me to answer, drop it right here in the comments and I’ll add it to my ever-expanding idea bank!